Saturday, December 4, 2010

Orange Chicken

This orange sauce recipe is from my favorite cousin Andy.  For my bridal shower my maid of honor (now my sister in law) put together a great recipe book.  Each guest had to submit a recipe and my sister in law put this great little book together.  This recipe is in this book and I love it.  This has become a staple at most of our Jewish holiday meals.

For the breaded chicken cutlets:

(there is my crazy kid again...she's very sneaky)

  • 1 lb chicken cutlets
  • Panko Bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs if you prefer.
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • Vegetable oil
Pat the chicken cutlets with a paper towel and dredge the cutlet into the beaten eggs. 


Then place the chicken cutlet into the panko bread crumbs and pat the breadcrumbs onto both sides of the cutlet. 


 Place the cutlet into a fry pan with very hot vegetable oil.  




Flip the chicken when it is golden brown.  Once both sides are brown, take out of the pan and lay the cutlet onto a paper towel to get excess oil off.  Continue to do this until you have no chicken left.



Now for the Yummy Orange Sauce


What you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
  • 1/4 cup Orange Juice
  • 1/8 cup Honey
  • 1/4 cup Cooking White Wine
  • 1/2 tsp Powdered Rosemary



**I did not have powdered rosemary so I just took rosemary leaves and my trusty Mortar and Pestle and ground the leaves and made my own rosemary powder.**


Place all the ingredients into a sauce pan and whisk together.  Then bring to a simmer.  Once it is heated up you can pour this delicious sauce over your breaded chicken cutlets.


Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...