Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes





Let me start off by apologizing that I did not take a picture of the ingredients...I know I know...I'm a slacker.

These little cheesecakes are perfect for a holiday party, cocktail party or any social situation where finger foods are served.  Heck they are even good for breakfast...My husband just had three this morning.

This recipe is adapted from a post on the tasty kitchen website.  http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/mini-cheesecakes-2/

As usual I changed the recipe a little.  I substituted the chocolate cookies for gingersnaps and I added strawberry filling and chocolate drizzle.

Here is what you will need to make these yummy small cute little cheesecakes...

For the crust:


  • 15 gingersnaps
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tbsp melted butter

In a Cuisinart blend the gingersnaps until they are like a fine breadcrumb.


Now add the sugar and the butter in a mixing bowl.



Add one tablespoon of the mixture to each cupcake liner.  With the back of the tablespoon push down the mixture. 







 Bake at 350 for 5  minutes.



For the filling: 
  • 2 packages of cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 can strawberry pie filling
  • melted chocolate in a pastry bag


Beat the cream cheese until soft and then add the sugar, eggs and the vanilla.  Beat for a few minutes until it is a batter like consistency




Now add the cream cheese mixture to each cup.  Fill each cupcake pan about 3/4 of the way.  Bake these at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.  

Once the Cheesecakes are at room temperature take the cupcake liners off each cheesecake.  

Make sure you remove the liners slowly as they can start to crumble and stick to the liner.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before adding the topping.



Now add about 1 tbsp of the pie filling and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.  I like to add at least 2 strawberries from the filling.  So i just pick out each strawberry from the can.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...