Monday, January 31, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meatballs



My whole family loves this recipe.  When I say this recipe is so easy I am not kidding...

Most people have some sort of version of this recipe.  I can't remember who I got this recipe from it could be from my dear friend Jen who tends to have great recipes.  Anyway this recipe can be made in a crock pot or on the stove top.  Lats night I made it on the stove top.

Here is what you'll need:



  • 2 pounds of meatballs, I made the meatballs small for this recipe (you could also use frozen meatballs for an even easier meal)
  • 2 bottles Heinz Chili Sauce
  • 2/3 cup Grape Jelly
  • 1 package of Egg Noodles (optional)

**That is all you will need, I told you this was easy!**


Make your meatballs or defrost them.  If you are making your meatballs I suggest you bake them until they are fully cooked.



Stove Top Version:

Now pour the Chili sauce into a large sauce pan and add the jelly as well.





I like to whisk this all together...but that is totally optional.



Now add the meatballs and let simmer for at least 25 mins.  I like to leave the meatballs in the pot for at least an hour on low once it has all cooked.






Crock Pot Version:

Pour the Chili sauce and the grape jelly into the crock pot and whisk together.  Now add the meatballs and cover on Low for 4 to 5 hours.

You can serve the meatballs over egg noodles like I did or you can serve them over white rice.




Another nice thing you can do with these meatballs is serve them as a finger food by placing toothpicks into the.


Now this would be great for Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...