Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brussel Sprouts and Pomegranate Seeds



I have a new love affair with Brussel Sprouts...not everyone feels this way but I have to say that if you have not tried Brussel Sprouts recently you have to try them.  If you have a negative opinion about them try them again!  I really do believe that if Brussel Sprouts are made properly most people will find them as tasty as I do!

Here is what you'll need:


  • 1 Pomegranate
  • 1 package of Brussel Sprouts, halved
  • 1 Small Onion, Sliced
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp white sugar

 These are Pomegranate seeds, aren't they so pretty?  I just love these little seeds.  I have to admit that opening a Pomegranate is very messy.  I know there has to be an easier way to open a Pomegranate than the way I opened mine.

Look at these beautiful Brussel Sprouts...so green and crisp!


Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet.


Saute the garlic and onions until translucent.


Now add the Brussel sprouts and saute until crisp and browned.


Now add the brown sugar, white sugar, lemon juice and the Pomegranate seeds.  Saute for another two minutes.


There you have a sweet and savory side dish.  The sprouts are nice and crisp and the Pomegranate seeds combined with the small amount of sugar add a nice sweetness to this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...