Friday, March 11, 2011

London Broil Marinade



Like I have said before I try to make a really nice meal for Friday night Shabbat dinner.  Today I had taken out a very large london broil and I knew just the marinade for it!

**A little trick for those of you who might forget to take the meat out ahead of time.  Take the frozen meat and place it in a large Zip lock bag.  Fill your kitchen sick up with cold water and place the bagged meat in the water.  Leave the meat in there until defrosted.  I like to change the water every 30 mins or so to make sure the water is real cold!**

Here is what you'll need:

1 tbsp fresh chopped ginger
5 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper

 
I put ketchup in the ingredient picture and should have put 
Worcestershire sauce there instead...oops!


Whisk all the ingredient's together.


Place the steak in a large pan where it will marinate for at least 4 hours.


Pour marinade over the steak!


Now cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least four hours.  
I prefer to marinate it over night!


Now place on a broiler pan covered with aluminum foil (for easy clean up)!
Put it on broil for 15 minutes each side.


Look at that beautiful meat!


I served this with mashed potatoes, creamed corn and homemade Challah!


.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...