Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snap Pea and Beef Stir Fry





My husband and I love stir fry and I am always open to new recipes.  I have made this recipe numerous times, why I am just posting this now I am not quite sure.  Anyway this recipe can be changed in many ways you could always add cashews, carrots, baby corn, peanuts, water chestnuts.  Just use your imagination!

I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's web site...have I told you how much I love that site?

Here is what you'll need:


  • 1 1/2 lbs Flank steak sliced very thin
  • 1 large package snap peas, trimmed
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp corn starch
  • 1 tbsp minced ginger
  • 2 tbsp chopped onion or 2 scallions chopped
  • 3 coves garlic minced
  • 3 tbsp sesame oil
  • 3 tbsp sherry
  • 1/2 cup light soy sauce
  • red pepper flakes



To make the sauce which the meat will marinate in combine the sugar, corn starch, sherry, ginger and soy sauce and whisk together.


Slice the flank steak really thin


Now add the steak to the marinade and let sit for about an hour. 


Heat up a large fry pan or wok with the sesame oil.


Now add the onion or scallions to the oil as well as the garlic.


Now add the snap peas and let cook for about 1 -2 two minutes.


Set the snap peas aside.


Now add half of the beef into the wok.  Use a set of thongs to remove just the meat from the marinade.  You don't want the marinade in the wok just yet


Let the beef cook on both sides.  When that half is done cooking set aside and cook the remaining beef.  Again leaving the marinade out.


Now combine all the beef and the snap peas back into the wok and saute for a minute.


Now add the marinade and let simmer for another minute or two.



 Serve over Jasmine or Basmati rice and sprinkle 
with some red pepper flakes for an added kick!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...