Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Corn Bread






I love bread and I love to bake.  So when I was making corn chowder this weekend my hubby asked for corn bread and I thought that would be a great bread to accompany this hearty chowder.


I found this recipe on a great website called Tasty Kitchen.  The creator of this recipe is called the country cook.


Here is what you'll need:



  • ½ cup Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
  • ½ cups Milk
  • ½ cups Water
  • 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ½ Tablespoons Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt





Combine dry ingredients and mix.  Now combine the wet ingredients.  


A little trick I want to share with you when you have to measure honey is to spray some cooking spray onto a measuring spoon and then measure the honey.  The honey will slide right off the measuring spoon instead of sticking and you having to use our finger to get the honey out.


Mix the batter thoroughly.  The batter will be a little lumpy and that is okay.  Add the batter to a well greased 8 inch baking pan and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.


The bread will be golden brown.  Let cool and then cut into squares and serve warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...