Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home Made Whipped Cream


I have been making home made whipped cream for as long as I can remember.  It is so easy and so much better than cool whip! It dawned on me this morning when I was making it that so many people probably don't know how to make it..and it is soooooo easy.


Crazy Kid!

Here is what you'll need:

1 small container of Heavy cream (a pint)
1/2 cup sugar



Pour the heavy cream and the sugar into a medium size bowl.




With a hand mixer start to mix the cream.  Put the mixer on a medium to high speed. 
On my mixer I had it on a 4.



Do this for about 3 - 4 minutes .  You will start to see the cream thicken.


You will know it is ready when the cream has become stiff and you can create a peak with the cream if you touch it!  (don't over beat it as you will then have sweet butter).


Voila!  There you have home made whipped cream!


This morning my family had it with Challah French Toast and Strawberries...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...