Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Here It Goes

I am a thirty something stay at home Mom to two beautiful little girls. I have always felt very comfortable in the kitchen.  I  feel the kitchen is the heart of a home.
I remember as a pre-schooler creating my own chicken soup or baking cookies with my Mom.  As I got older I started to take over certain kitchen responsibilities.  The most memorable one was the Chanukah potato Latkes.  At first I started off being the "fryer".  But as time went on I took over the Latke responsibility, So much so that no matter where we went for Chanukah I was the Latke maker and soon became known as Rachel Latke, I hate to admit it but I am still called that by a few of my family members.

 I am a lover of all things food related and really enjoy creating in the kitchen.  I have no formal training but feel at home in the kitchen.  A few years ago I decided to teach myself to decorate cakes (Thanks, You Tube), the first cake I did was a cat cake for my oldest daughter and the praise I received for that cake was overwhelming.


Needless to say I was hooked on creating beautiful tasty treats.  From that point on I have created many cakes that I am proud of ...


My plan is to share my daily creations and my special cakes with anyone who is willing to read about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...