Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Herb Butter Twists




So I realized I had no more crusty bread which I needed to go with dinner tonight.  So I decided to try something new... I made these Herb Butter Twists...and they were so easy.



You need:
  • Pizza dough
  • 3 tbsp salted butter
  • 2 tbsp Herbs De Province, which is a blend of thyme, rosemary, basil, and lavender. (If you don't have this you can use any of your favorite herbs)
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
Sprinkle the kitchen counter with some flour and roll out the pizza dough in the shape of a rectangle.


In a small saucepan melt the butter and add the minced garlic and spices to the butter.  Allow butter to cool for a minute and then spread the butter onto the rolled out dough.


Fold the dough into thirds.



Then take a pizza cutter and cut the folded dough into strips. 




Now twist each strip and place onto a greased baking sheet.


Then bake the twists for 15 - 20 mins on 400 degrees.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos

please don't use my photos without asking...